Monday, March 1, 2010

A new way to go to the movies...




Everyone loves going to see a movie with someone they love, but the more you do it the less exciting it gets to sit quietly with a jumbo tub of buttery popcorn in the middle of the two of you. Why not shake things up? One of Nate and my favorite things to do together is to dress up in accordance to the movie we are seeing. Like this picture of us from when we went to see Juno together. I dressed up like a pregnant teenager and he dressed up like a dead beat Dad. The pregnant belly looked so real that I was getting awkward looks all night that made Nate and I crack up. The best part is making other people feel uncomfortable, like when Nate would punch my belly or we would get in a fake fight in front of the ticket booth. Another fun thing is to pretend like you don't notice that you are dressed up in a weird way. For example: We went to see Blades of Glory dressed up like Ice Skaters. We walked up to the ticket booth, put our feet up on the desk and started stretching while asking 'hmm what's good? 300 sounds cool whats that about? What should we see?' I know that these movie examples are out of date but this works with any movie you want to see. Trust me, there is nothing more memorable than making fools out of yourselves together and making each other laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment