Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Make Ordinary Extraordinary



One summer evening that was just like any other Nate planned on meeting me at my house for dinner. However I decided I wouldn't let this night be like any other. While I was at the store
picking up food for the night I decided to grab a dozen day old roses that were on sale and a 50 pack of tea light cadles that only costed a dollar. I set a table out by my pool (this doesnt have to be by a pool just any where outside) put down a table cloth and my favorite placemats, set half of the tealights a float in the pool and the other half all around the table. Then I pulled the pedals off the roses and tossed them in the pool, on the table, and then made a path with them leading to the table. I put pretty throw pillows on the lawn chairs by the pool and then brought out the food as Nate arrived. He was stunned by the romantic setting that cost me under $20 to pull together. It made a normal dinner at home one of the most special times we've ever shared together. Once we were stuffed we layed in the lounge chairs to look up at the stars and hold hands. As we laughed and star gazed my brother snuck outside and lit fireworks that we had left over from the 4th of July and made it feel like a movie. Wether you have a sweet brother who will light fireworks for you and your loved one or not I highly recommend star gazing. Looking up at the vast ski's make you talk of things bigger than yourself and adds just the right amount of corny to the night. Although it is work pulling together a night like that it really only took an extra hour to go the extra mile and it was so worth it. Taking the time out to do something special for someone you love is what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment